Hello mums today as our guest blogger we have Jodanna from Five in the hive. I am very excited not only because she is sharing few hot tips for us so we can take a little bit of the Christmas gifting ideas from our back but because she will visit us in Sydney on the 26 November 2017 to teach us a little bit about clean living. Isn’t it great! If you are in Sydney Innerwest come and join us in this FREE workshop!
If you are a mum who is stuck with Christmas gift ideas and want something affordable and easy here we go:
Jo from Five in the Hive here – welcome to the crazy season!
Between now and Dec 25th it can feel like a whirlwind of chaos, stress and endless gift wrapping – especially if you have large families or your children go to school or daycare.
While I can’t come and help wrap gifts and plan festive meals, I can certainly share some of my best tips when it comes to gift giving in the hopes that it might reduce some of the festive stress for you.
I like to give gifts that are CHEAP, EASY, and from the HEART …. Enter the world of therapeutic grade essential oils from dōTERRA.
Whether its to relax the mind, soothe the body, uplift soul I am sure I have a DIY gift idea for your loved ones this Christmas.
Make sure you read to the end to find the special giveaway on offer
** HOT TIP: Get your children involved if they are old enough, just ensure they are well supervised and wear gloves if they are handling essential oils – this will help avoid any issues with skin sensitivities**
3 DIY GIFT IDEAS TO RELAX, SOOTHE & INVIGORATE YOUR LOVED ONES
RELAX …. with a Lavender Milk Bath
½ Cup Cornflour
½ Cup Epsom Salts
½ Cup Baking Soda
1 & ½ Cups of Powdered Milk
15 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
**Mix all dry ingredients with a fork. Add your essential oil and mix again. Fill a 250ml glass jar and finish it off with a cute tag/ ribbon or string.
To Use: Add 1 tbsp on the mixture to a ready made bath. You’ll be left feeling like a goddess
Quick facts about Lavender Essential Oil:
- Promotes rest and relaxation
- Supports healthy skin
- Reduces the discomfort of cuts/ bits and stings
Original recipe and image credit: Centaur Packaging.
SOOTHE …. with a cleansing Body Scrub
Body Scrubs come in many different forms. You can use sugar, salt and even coffee to sooth and rejuvenate your skin. The same goes for what oils to use – it really is a personal preference and there is no ‘wrong’ way to do it. Here is a simply and effective recipe that you can easily customise and make as individual as the person you are planning to gift it to.
Ginger & Lime Body Scrub
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup raw sugar
10 drops Lime oil
5 drops Ginger oil
- Combine brown sugar, raw sugar, Fractionated Coconut Oil, and essential oil in a bowl
- Stir until well combined
- Store in airtight container
- To use, apply a small amount to hands and scrub for 30 seconds or until sugar dissolves. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Follow with a good quality, natural moisturizer for best results
QUICK OIL FACTS:
- Lime is a wonderful degreaser and purifier
- Ginger is great for digestive support and is an antioxidant
Image and body scrub recipe source: www.doterra.com
UPLIFT …. with an invigorating Room Spray
You can use any essential oil combination that you personally enjoy – to create a sense of uplift and invigoration I enjoy using citrus and mint oils.
DIY ‘Spring Fling’ Room Spray
- In a glass spray bottle, add essential oils and top with water. Depending on the size of your spray bottle, you may wish to add more essential oils.
- To refresh a room, just give the bottle a shake and spray liberally.
QUICK OIL FACTS:
- Lemon essential oil supports healthy digestion
- Grapefruit essential oil can ease cravings
- Lime essential oil can assist in cleansing your skin and hair
Image and room spray recipe source: www.doterra.com
Feeling inspired to give these recipes a go? Be sure to snap a photo and share it to the Essentials for Mums facebook page with the hashtag #fiveinthehiveDIY. The best entry will win a 5ml bottle of dōTERRA’s Wild Orange Essential Oil
Good Luck and Happy Gift Creating
Join our FB mothers group Essentials for mums Community
Or sign up for our newsletter to be the first one to know about our giveaways, new products and articles.